- RSS Channel Showcase 5152047
- RSS Channel Showcase 2916060
- RSS Channel Showcase 9851436
- RSS Channel Showcase 1249843
Articles on this Page
- 12/20/17--15:54: _Polar Express
- 01/10/18--12:29: _Flat Stanley
- 01/24/18--09:17: _EnvironArt
- 01/25/18--07:04: _Jr. Robotics Team
- 02/05/18--10:04: _Community Feedback:...
- 02/13/18--12:14: _Physical Properties
- 02/14/18--17:22: _Nebraska Blue Books
- 03/07/18--16:38: _First Grade Matter ...
- 03/08/18--07:38: _Read Across America
- 03/13/18--07:23: _Skype With An Author
- 03/14/18--09:30: _4th Grade Readers
- 03/15/18--15:00: _2nd Grade Readers Too!
- 03/21/18--15:06: _Double Q Country Te...
- 12/20/17--15:54: Polar Express
- 01/10/18--12:29: Flat Stanley
- 01/24/18--09:17: EnvironArt
- 01/25/18--07:04: Jr. Robotics Team
- 02/05/18--10:04: Community Feedback: Groundhog Day — Results!
- 02/13/18--12:14: Physical Properties
- 02/14/18--17:22: Nebraska Blue Books
- 03/07/18--16:38: First Grade Matter Experiment
- 03/08/18--07:38: Read Across America
- 03/13/18--07:23: Skype With An Author
- 03/14/18--09:30: 4th Grade Readers
- 03/15/18--15:00: 2nd Grade Readers Too!
- 03/21/18--15:06: Double Q Country Teacher of the Month
On Monday, December 18th, the 1st, 2nd & 3rd graders took the audience for a ride on the Polar Express for their Christmas concert. Afterward, there were cookies and hot chocolate in the cafeteria with a visit from Santa himself!
Second Graders read the book Flat Stanley written by Jeff Brown. He was a young boy who was flattened by a bulletin board. He was so flat that he could mail himself in a letter all around and he had great adventures. Second Grade wanted to make their own Flat … Continue reading
The elementary students participated in the EnvironArt program on January 23rd. This is a unique program that combines the expertise of an artist and a naturalist to bring science and art together. After learning about the importance of waterfowl and their habitats from the naturalist, the artist guides students in … Continue reading
On Saturday, January 20, 2018, the Hay Springs Jr. Robotics Team made their official debut in Sidney, NE. The team, launched in October 2017, has been following the FIRST LEGO League Jr. Curriculum. This program, in conjunction with 4-H, introduces kids ages 6-10 to STEM concepts. This year’s theme was … Continue reading
Here are our results! 53 voted, yes, the groundhog will see his shadow and 58 voted, no, he will not. Thank you!
4th grade has been very busy working on physical properties. A fun way to get some practice was to take everyday items and list the physical properties on each item. We have also been using a balance scale and working with partners. Lots of learning is going on! On a … Continue reading
Those 4th graders are at it again! The fourth graders put together their own Nebraska Blue Books. Their books included symbols of the state, the flag, and a familiar sight or two. Check them out you may learn something new. Click here to view the books!
We are conducting an experiment this afternoon. We observed water in a cup. Then we added a “mystery powder” to our cup and observed how the properties changed. After we added our mystery powder we put our cups in the refrigerator and are (im)patiently waiting to see if/how our matter … Continue reading
HSPS participated in the Read Across America contest! Click the link to read more and vote! https://www.panhandlepost.com/read-across-america/#/gallery
Thursday, Feb 28th, the third and fourth grade were part of a worldwide Skype with an Author. Henry Winkler and Lin Oliver answered questions and discussed their work together. Winkler, who is dyslexic and had learning problems all his life; succeeded as an actor, producer, and now author. Some of … Continue reading
The 4th graders read every day with our Kindergarten friends. Have you read to your child today? Make it a point to do so!
The 2nd grade class came and read to the afternoon preschool on Tuesday afternoon.
Today the 3rd grade class had some special visitors! Double Q Country radio station dropped by to present Emma Strotheide a certificate and additional perks, as well as treats for her students as a result of being selected as “The Teacher of the Month”. If you get the chance, stop … Continue reading